It’s crucial to know what questions to ask when renting an apartment, especially as you’re beginning your apartment hunt in Charlotte. Some questions can make a huge difference in whether you should lease! We rounded up 10 questions for you to ask before leasing an apartment will help make sure your new apartment home is right for you. The first five questions should focus on your budget:
- Are utilities included in the rent?
- How do the rent and utilities fit into my budget?
- What floor do I want to be on and will that impact the cost?
- Is renter’s insurance required?
- What lease terms are available?
Answers to these questions should provide you with a clear picture of what you can and cannot afford. Understanding all your options when it comes to floorplans and lease terms is also important as these factors can also be a major part of your budget.
- How does parking at the community work? Is there parking for guests?
- What is the community’s pet policy?
- Is there a community guest policy?
- Is there 24-hour emergency maintenance support?
- Are there grocery stores, banks, and restaurants nearby?
With budget out of the way, it’s crucial to know details about the entire apartment living community. If you have a beloved pet live with you, you need to know about the community’s pet policy. Having a general idea of the surrounding area can make it easier to get acclimated and do your grocery shopping, banking, and more.
Keep these important questions in mind when touring apartment communities and be sure to ask the leasing specialist about them before applying. At Abberly Woods, we believe it’s how you live that matters and understand that finding an apartment where you can feel at home is important to you. Schedule a tour and our leasing specialists will guide you through the community and help you find the perfect apartment home!